What does the ‘New Norm’ mean to delivering Process Performance?
The need to comply with rules and regulations remains as strong as ever, even though the coronavirus lockdown rules may be slightly relaxed. Our home working arrangement has been successful and like many businesses, we are prepared for the long haul as this `new normal` is predicted to last for another 12-18 months.
Being locked-down at home due to the coronavirus has provided the opportunity to look back at some of our key achievements…
– One of the largest oil and gas refinery in Europe and a major US nuclear services contractor who operate at one of the most prestigious defence establishments in the UK are now using the Agility System and Agility Workflow.
– Sheffield Forgemasters, whose origins date back to the 1750’s as blacksmiths, have grown into an internationally recognised company that produce the most technically challenging cast and forged steel components in the world. They are now using Agility to transform their approach to the management system.
– The updated remote access to the document management has hit a sweet spot that other software providers are not offering. We are excited to be winning new contracts that replace the large mainstream, industrial-sized Document Management Systems (DMS).
– Our Business Analysts have been busy installing the QHSE modules into the Agility Workflow tool at a number of well-known companies.
– Siemens Mobility have recently upgraded and introduced the mobile-friendly Agility Workflow tool to automate their Audit and Non-Conformance process. Seimens Mobility specialises in passenger and freight transportation, infrastructure, automation and electrification solutions that covers trams, light rail, and high speed trains.
– Our latest software release is ideal for home workers with secure, cloud-hosted access to all the key documents they need to deliver their processes and work routines.
– We have extended our user authorisation functionality of Agility 2.14 to other authentication methods: Azure AD/Office 365, as well as Active Directory to manage the pool of users.
– We are delighted to be launching the Cloud-hosted Agility System in May 2020 to all our clients in the UK and globally from the US to the Far East. This will provide businesses with a secure, centralised repository for all their key documents, processes and work instructions. With home working now highlighting the frustrations of poor document access and even poorer document content, Agility provides quick access to the right document.
– We want to hear from you! Our Client Forum continues to provide valuable feedback on the product. We introduced new features into the core areas of the product (thanks to our nuclear clients whose suggestions were made at one of our annual User Forum!)
– Working remotely with clients: Our Tech Team are successfully installing our software for clients and our Business Architects have been holding Discovery Exercises, Process Mapping sessions and creating Automated Workflows over video conferencing. As we have been providing remote services to clients around the globe for a number of years, the experience gained helps us to maintain `business as usual`, albeit in these uncharted times.
Cyber Security Certification
With the increase in ever more sophisticated Cyber-attacks and data breaches, there is an on-going priority to have reliable data security controls in place to prevent debilitating attacks on our business. As such, we have bolstered our effective net defence mechanisms to meet the challenge of malware.
We wanted to show our customers that we take data protection very seriously and after providing evidence of compliance through gaining self-certification with the basic Cyber Essentials, we quickly moved to achieving Cyber Essentials Plus accreditation. This required an independent assessment of five technical security controls:
• Secure configuration
• Malware protection
• User access control
• Patch management
Cyber Essentials Plus involved an external vulnerability scan performed by the certification body when they visited our head office and performed a test that is in line with the CE+ requirements. This external verification is often regarded as the more reliable certification as it is not just a declaration of cyber security but provides the evidence of our company’s trustworthiness.
We firmly recognise the requirement and importance to have stringent measures in place to repel such attacks, and to re-assure our clients that our data integrity is second to none.
SIGNUP TO RECEIVE THE LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES